Quality Bar mandates the following quality-control steps in its manufacturing process:
- Incoming hot rolled raw bundles are inspected for split ends and serious surface defects.
- Bars are visually inspected when exiting the # 1 pre-straightener.
- Bars are randomly tested for ovality as they exit the turner.
- Bars are randomly in-line tested for straightness as they exit the #2 post straightener.
- Every bundle of TP bars is tested for finish and ovality before packaging with the test results being saved with the order.
- Bars are continually monitored via a digital readout for ovality during grinding.
- 100% of the TG&P bars are inspected after grinding.
- Every bundle of TGP bars is tested for finish and ovality by the packer before packaging and their results are saved with the order.
- Bars throughout the process are randomly tested off line for straightness.